Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Latest adventure-DATING!

I'm going to be 100 % honest with you... I am the worlds worst dater. I'm not saying it for pity or encouragement I'm just stating the facts here people!! I'm the worst!! Tonight I had a blind date. Blind dates and me go hand in hand. It's the source of my dating life, and I'm not complaining!! I love and appreciate the compliment of a friend setting me up. But sometimes I feel like the dates I get set up on are simply because we are both mormon and single. Not all of them but a good portion of them:) I'm not going to rag on the guy I went out with tonight, I'm not going to use his name so lets just call him Schmoug. Schmoug is a really really good guy, we went and painted pottery and stuff, which I have never done before and it was creative and nice. But you know when you go out with someone and there is just some missing factors? We've all been there, so please don't think "Nicole is such a snot she isn't even giving this guy a chance" or "maybe you should just go out with him again because you never know if there is something there!!" but you know what? Sometimes you do know if there isn't. Schmoug was a gentleman and he has a good job and is active in church and everything. He has everything a girl would want, I should be interested in him. It's not there. It is possible to know that just off the bat. Am I crazy?? Where the hell is this mister right so that I can prove I'm not crazy!!! Okay I know there is no such thing as mister right. Am I selfish for not wanting to force an attraction to someone?? There is more to the date that swayed my thinking but I'm not going to put down Schmoug. Like I said he's a really good guy!! Man I'm doomed!! Doomed I tell you!!

5 comments:

  1. You are not doomed. I don't believe there is a mister right but I do believe there is a guy that will be perfect for you and you the same for him. So keep going on those blind dates...maybe one of them will be the guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you can know on the first date, even in the first 15 minutes, that there is not going to be a connection with a guy...and that's ok. Just because he's a great guy, doesn't mean he's YOUR great guy. I don't think that makes you snoby or rude at all. I feel like I can have a 5 minute conversation with someone and know they aren't for me, but maybe that is why I'm still single :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First came a place to live, 2nd a job. Obviously a dude is next, right? I think he's around the corner for you. Just a hunch...I'm seldom wrong. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we're in the same boat, Nicole. I've had my fill of blind dates. most of the time with pretty cool guys. However, the last one I went on dropped me off at my door, shrugged his shoulders and said: "have a nice life!"
    I know its discouraging - but you will find Mr."Right for you". You are awesome and I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should compare this to Beauty and the Beast since that is Sissa's favorite movie right now. How did Belle know the Beast was the man for her? Because he made an effort even after making a crappy first impression. Eventually he won her over and she stuck around even when he turned into a fruity gay prince. All because he made an honest effort to be a good guy and win Belle over. Where am I going with this you ask? Well, I think that you will find a guy that will grow some balls and put himself out there for you. He will woo you and you will be smitten. That is how it will work. You shouldn't expect anything less. You will know! Love you Nut.

    ReplyDelete